Re: Train Order working

Train Orders are definitely not in use between Broken Hill and Parkes yet -
I travelled through there Sun night/early Mon. morning on the East-bound IP.
Stopping every 20-30 minutes to attend to the current safeworking partly
adds to the rough ride as the train was bunched and unbunched at each stop.
The crew may not have been used to hauling passenger trains. There is also
the noticeable boundary of each track authority from Perth to Sydney -
clearly evident by the ride quality. By far the worst section is from Broken
Hill station to Sydney. Meals in the dining car were served without any
problem until NSW - watch your drinks are now spilling, the cutlery now
vibrates and slowly creeps to the edge of the table, bottles of wine falling
off the bar repeatedly. No such problems else where. A foreign passenger
commented that we were travelling at a much greater speed (at meal sitting
after Broken Hill.) I timed the train and we were travelling around 120
km/h - the same speed as the Nullabor, but much more noticeable on the
different quality of track.

--
Robert Parnell
Rail Access/Argus Telecommunications Technician, Electronics Enthusiast,
David & Julie Donald <dsjmd@hermes.net.au> wrote in message
37ED8096.70D75C81@hermes.net.au">news:37ED8096.70D75C81@hermes.net.au...
> Went wandering out west yesterday, and found that Train Order working
still
> hasn't been introduced west of Goobang Junction.
> As well, there is no evidence that the line between Parkes and
Stockinbingal is