Re: Train Order working

Trains do close to 120 kms/h over the Orange-Broken Hill line, if the track
was as poor as you are saying we would not have the growth in East-West
traffic we are currently seeing. Train order working would cut time down as
trains would not have to slow down between towns, etc, to exchange the
staff, also saving fuel. Most of the track between Parkes and Broken Hill is
straight and would not require the level of maintenance that other lines do,
such as Sydney-Brisbane.

>From what I have been hearing, communications problems are the main thing
delaying train order working and any thing about the line being so poor is
just crap. Do any speed restrictions even exist on the line?