Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

: > No, but on one else has got a better idea to get people to validate their
: > tickets.  The CSE just make sure people have valid tickets.
: > Sydney and Adelaide have conductors, are you saying that you should get
: > rid of the person on your trams and relace them with a machine?

: They ISSUE tickets.

So does a machine, replace your conductors and have machines.
Or will you stop Melbourne having conductors but still have conductors
in Sydney?  I think Eddie you need to decide weather or not trams
have conductors and no difference for Melbourne or Sudney.

: That is entirely consistent with the Melbourne situation where people
: clearly - by your own admission - fail to pay fares if they can avoid
: it. It is no doubt broadly consistent with experiences around the world,
: which is why systems of ticket validation AND ENFORCEMENT have become so
: widespread. Fare evasion was also widespread in Melbourne with
: conductors, and people then had the added rationalisation that if they
: failed to pay their fare, it was the conductor's fault for not doing his
: job properly.

Who as admitted they fail to pay their fares?  We are all saying we
have tickets and paid our fair.  It is validation on trams we are
talking about here.  (I don't validate everytime, but I do sometimes,
see previous posts for reasons)

Do you have the figures for fair evasion with and with out conductors?
Not even the auditor general could make more that somments because it
is just not known the levels of fair evasion before and after conductors.
So how do you know up there in Sydney?  Or do all people in Sydney know
everything (which would make them a smartass)

Out of interest how long and when was the last visit to Melbourne?

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord

e-mail: cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au