Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
7sa3mb$k26$2@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7sa3mb$k26$2@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...

> In that case you are too far away.  I am making no excuses, I am as guilty
> as the next person, but what I am trying to work out here is why aren't
> people validating in Melbourne, we have already worked out the problem
> is confined to trams, and it has nothing to do with people in Melbourne
> just people in general.  (This is the last Sydney/Melbourne thing I post
> in this thread)

Because as you have pointed out, there is nobody there to make them, so they
cannot be bothered. Nothing to do with the system itself, as others keep on
pointing out, it is either laziness or obstinacy on the part of the people
who do not validate.

> : And that is merely because people do not wish to change their habits -
they
> : have ALWAYS had to get their ticket out before boarding a bus, so
nothing
> : has changed there. But you do not like change in Melbourne. We see that
with
> : the VFL (AFL to the rest of us, but still an expanded VFL to
Victorians). We
> : see that with just about everything. You want it the way it has always
been.

> People in Melbourne will change as much as the people in Sydney do (and

Then why don't they change, and start validating on each boarding?

DaveP