Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

: I was using that as an example of the way people can change their habits -
: the fact that they cannot board a tram and validate their tickets without
: causing delays does not mean it is an impossibility, only that they will
: have to change slightly. Do you always miss the point?

No, Melbourne people have changed their habits.  Just like Sydney people
did when they first got AT.

: If the regulations say that you *must* validate on every boarding, and you
: do not, then you can be fined.

I am sorry but the list of fines for icket offencesm doesn't list
reg. 206 (not validating), sure it is a regulation which people
are breaking, but there is no fine (yet).

: You are merely making excuses - you are too close to the situation, a case
: of not seeing the wood for the trees.

In that case you are too far away.  I am making no excuses, I am as guilty
as the next person, but what I am trying to work out here is why aren't
people validating in Melbourne, we have already worked out the problem
is confined to trams, and it has nothing to do with people in Melbourne
just people in general.  (This is the last Sydney/Melbourne thing I post
in this thread)

: And that is merely because people do not wish to change their habits - they
: have ALWAYS had to get their ticket out before boarding a bus, so nothing
: has changed there. But you do not like change in Melbourne. We see that with
: the VFL (AFL to the rest of us, but still an expanded VFL to Victorians). We
: see that with just about everything. You want it the way it has always been.

People in Melbourne will change as much as the people in Sydney do (and
the same rate, opps I said no more Sydney/Melbourne people crap, thats
the end for me, back to trams and lack of validation)

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord