Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

Eddie Oliver (eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au) wrote:
: Christopher Gordon continued defending the indefensible thus:

: > That is the only problem left is getting people to Validate on trams.
: > A problem unique to Melbourne, because we are the ones with trams
: > (driver only).
: >
: > David, what do you have against putting conductors back on trams?
: > (even if it is every second tram)

: So you are again using the validation issue purely as a subterfuge in a
: campaign to get conductors back?

No, but on one else has got a better idea to get people to validate their
tickets.  The CSE just make sure people have valid tickets.
Sydney and Adelaide have conductors, are you saying that you should get
rid of the person on your trams and relace them with a machine?

: > BTW the fair evasion on Melbourne's trains is around 8-10%.

: Was your use of "fair evasion" a typo, a Freudian slip or deliberate?

You know what I mean, back to the point what is the figure for Sydney?

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord

e-mail: cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au