Regulation 206 [Was: Rod Speed]

Hi,

I am not sure what they mean by "valid ticket", as there is no definition
in the act. However as far as I know, a valid ticket is a ticket that is
within it's expiry period and valid for use in the current zone. This
would mean, that the only invalid tickets are ones not authorised for use
within a certain zone, by a certain fare type, or has no
printed/punched/carved/telepathically_encoded_on_magnetic_stripe expiry
date.

Let's dissect regulation 206.

[A person using a ticket which requires machine validation] This would
presumably mean that the ticket is not valid yet, subject to one of the
above conditions. A ticket that is valid does not machine validation
because it is already valid.

[must validate that ticket] See above - A ticket that is valid is not
subject to this condition

[on boarding a rail or road vehicle on which an operational ticket
validating device is located or before entering a designated area] self
explanatory.

I could, admittedly be incorrect, and would appreciate comment from any
person who actually has studied law. Because there is no definition for
"valid ticket" does this make regulation 206 invalid itself or not?

Regards
Michael