Re: Rod Speed

: > How many times do I have to say it.
: > The current fine for breaking regulation 206 (not validating ticket) is
: > nothing, 0, nill.
: >
: > Go look it up on the Victorian Government home page if you want
: > http://www.vic.gov.au follow the links to the Laws and Acts.

: I think you will find that there is a blanket provision saying that the fine
: for breaching a regulation is X number of penalty units - most Acts provide
: for this. Although I could not find ANYTHING in the Victorian Govt Website
: that had ANYTHING to do with validation, including Reg. 206.

Have a look at the Transport (Infringements) Regulations 1999.
http://www.dms.dpc.vic.gov.au/l2d/T/STAT00637/0_1.html

The following are the ticketing offences (all $100 fine)
* Fail to produce evidence of concession.
* Expired ticket
* Transfer ticket to another person
* Make journey without valid ticket
* Remain in vehicle without ticket when requested to leave.
* Unable to produce valid ticket while making journey.

Have a look at Transport (Passenger Rail Corporations) Regulations 1998
for reg 206.
http://www.dms.dpc.vic.gov.au/l2d/T/STAT00311/0_1.html

Before anyone starts with the ticket not being valid because
it hasn't been validated look up the meaning of a valid ticket
in the acts and requlations.  I am note sure of the exact meaing
but it is something along the lines of:
Correct of the mode of transport, correct for the zone(s), correct
for the date/time, (any concession is under another part of
the regs).

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord