Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

"Michael Walker" <walker@hotkey.net.au> wrote:

> OK then, but do you disagree the system was removed because it was a
> failure, (ie Sydney people weren't honest)?

The trial was abandoned because there there was simply no way of
telling whether whatever it collected was a true representation of the
number of passengers who had not been able to buy a ticket from a
conductor.

In any case, it has NOTHING to do with the many Melbourne passengers
passengers who I have seen get on a largely empty tram and walk right
by a validator to get to seat, completing ignoring the validator.

Cheers,

Bill