Re: Alice-Darwin and East Timor

David Bromage <dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote in message
37E4B824.B53675DB@omni.com.au">news:37E4B824.B53675DB@omni.com.au...
> "< Tell >" wrote:
> >
> > David Bromage <dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote:
> > >
> > > Under special instructions and many crossing restrictions. They are
way
> > > out of gauge.
> >
> > True David.  But unfortunately, double stacks, double
> > deck cattle wagons, triple deck car carriers and 85
> > foot bogie wagons are also "out of gauge" in NSW,
> > Victoria, former SAR "South Line",  WA suburban, and
> > ALL of Queensland railways.
>
> The tanks have a problem with width, not height.
>
> Cheers
> David

If thats the case why did they have a Tank loading ramp at Seymour Loop?

I remember a few years ago (1984) seeing a train at Dimboola that consisted
entirely of military vehicles (all types) with an Overland Sleeping car
attached to the rear.

During WW11 the Poms moved many Yank tanks by rail in Preparation D Day.

Are the Lepolds that much larger than the US Tanks of WW11?

Bob.