Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

"WhaleOilBeefHooked" <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> writes:

>So what was the difference before when there were conductors? You had to get
>your ticket out to show them, the only difference now is that you get your
>ticket out to shove it in a machine.

It takes too long and holds up the tram. Previously you could go and sit
down, and wait for the conductor to come to you.

When I get on a tram, my first priority is getting a seat. I'm not going to
stop, pull my ticket out of my pocket and re-validate it, because I frankly
don't care who the revenue goes to. I've paid my money, that's where my
responsibility ends.

George's comments about re-validating being "sheep-like" were spot on.

>Don't come to Sydney (or Adelaide, or Brisbane) - you won't get on the bus
>in the first place without validating your ticket - even if it IS a long
>term (quarterly or yearly).

We're talking about trams, not buses...

Cheers,

Paul.

--
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page   |   Paul Dwerryhouse
publishing, threatens to reverse the trend towards    |_  paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au