Re: Pendennis Castle

Donald R Smith wrote:
> I've just sat and watched the video, "Flying Scotsman and Pendennis Castle's
> West Australian Rail Tours" and can say that the Castle did pilot the
> Scotsman and it was the only occasion where another loco did so whilst here
> in Australia.

Well I just watched another video showing 3112-4472-3801 on the Through
West Mail. Thanks Bill for prompting that memory.

On the subject of rail videos, the Through West Mail is a shining
example of how they should be made. Just enough commentary at relevant
points, no music over the footage and a good description of the line. I
only wish I'd seen the climb up Tumulla in person.

Cheers
David