Re: Pendennis Castle

"Gheringhap Loop" <ghaploop@iaa.com.au> wrote in aus.rail:

>Just received my October 99 issue of the Railway Magazine from the UK.
>On the front cover is a photo of 4079 Pendennis Castle outside the shed at
>Dampier, with the following title:-
>"COMING HOME?. Didcot bids to bring Pendennis Castle back from OZ"

And, hopefully, back to where it belongs. Pendennis Castle at
Paddington, ahh, now there's a sight I'm sure many would like to see!
But I wonder if in amongst the 500 odd mainline steamers working over
there it would be appreciated as much as it is here. Is it even
appreciated here?

I suppose if one of our R-classes were to go to Ireland, would we not
be clamoring to bring it back to "where it belongs"?

How about if a GM-EMD where to go to the USA, would it matter? Perhaps
not as much.

Les Brown