Re: QR going national?

>> So we can apply the same principle when they try and move in elsewhere?
>
>Nothing stopping the metaphorical you, of course.
>
>I personally can't see anybody even trying to muscle in on QR turf at
>the moment. Encouraging competition on a rather discouraged, rundown and
>undervalued railway system is surely different to encouraging same upon
>a well maintained and progressive QR.
>
>To sum up: If they have the money, resources and vision - why not? If
>they're running their own concerns in Queensland efficiently and
>profitably, what gaineth they by letting in other players?

I agree!

If other states are stupid enough to think that their railways are outmoded
so let's build large roads at two or three or more times what it would cost
to fix the railways and make them an efficient mover of commodities, be it
people or freight, then let QR have a go. If QR are doing as good a job as
the Queenslanders say they are, their presence in the national rail scene
can only be good for it. Not that Queenslanders would be biased mind
you...(you guys are worse than Victorians!)