QR going national?

Just when you thought things couldn't get more interesting....

With the new board installed, Queensland Rail is now (their own words)
"taking a new direction", with an emphasis of becoming a national operator,
rather than a Qld only one.  From here on, Queensland Rail will referred to
as "QR" (based on the theory that the "Queensland" in the name would be
a hindrance to any national expansion.)

Personally, I can see their logic in doing this, but I can't see how this
would change what I assume is the nation's percerption that we are a
Queensland carrier only.

What WAS interesting was the propagan......err.... promotional video we
watched, which said that QR was looking at a number of options, including
running trains on other systems, and even buying other systems.

Hmmm.....when does NRC come up for sale?

It's all happening up here, folks...

--
John McCandless
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...