Re: Privatisation (was:Re: Late running trains go Express (Hillside))

david <david@nmit.vic.edu.au> wrote in message
37DF454A.521FA297@nmit.vic.edu.au">news:37DF454A.521FA297@nmit.vic.edu.au...
> Your right, why should there be a bonus for doing their job. Are they
looking
> at  it another way,  since they always run late and get penalties for
doing
> so, when they do run on time it is a bonus to get the normal
> rate................???
>
> Does it happen to tram patrons - do trams sail right on  by if late ?????
>

> Regards,
> David Head
>

> Dave McL wrote:
>
> > WhaleOilBeefHooked wrote:
> >
> > > Agreed - by skipping stations, they are not operating to the agreed
and
> > > published timetable.They should be fined for not complying with the
> > > timetable.
> >
> > Indeed. But by the same argument, they should be rewarded for complying
> > with the timetable. Which is the case. Penalty for late running, reward
> > for on-time running. Sounds a good idea to me. Sounds like a bloody good
> > idea for Melbourne train and tram users.
> >
> > David McLoughlin
> > Auckland New Zealand

Nobody mentioned that the Drivers got a bonus, the operating company gets
the bonus.

If they then decide to pass some of that onto their employees as a bonus
thats the companies business.

On Hillside the company gave everyone a genuine 'OROTON' leather wallet,
(very good quality).

Bob.