Re: National Rail Corp

mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie Daly) wrote:

> The sale is still on , delayed up until now by having to get the agreement of
> all the shareholders, but I beleive there is still some dispute about who will
> be allowed to bid , in that the NSW and Vic Govts dont want other Govt bidders.
> I understand that Qrail were going to be a bidder.
> Toll Rail is also interested.
> The sale is supposed to be completed by the end of this year.

A couple of years ago the Liberal Feds were all for the
sale of NRC to private operators, after all it was
Keating and the Labor Party who started this anyhow,
including the former Labor government of Victoria, who
floated their then latest SEC Vic power station off
overseas, all of this conveniently forgotten by the ALP
front rowers out there.  Short memories this bunch.

It would be a disaster if either NSW, Queensland and or
Western Australia wind up owning National Rail.!!

----Terry Burton