Re: National Rail Corp

< Tell > <telljb@OZozemail.com.au> wrote in message
37f68f47.3003839@news.ozemail.com.au">news:37f68f47.3003839@news.ozemail.com.au...
> mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie Daly) wrote:
> >
> > The sale is still on , delayed up until now by having to get the
agreement of
> > all the shareholders, but I beleive there is still some dispute about
who will
> > be allowed to bid , in that the NSW and Vic Govts dont want other Govt
bidders.
> > I understand that Qrail were going to be a bidder.
> > Toll Rail is also interested.
> > The sale is supposed to be completed by the end of this year.
>

> A couple of years ago the Liberal Feds were all for the
> sale of NRC to private operators, after all it was
> Keating and the Labor Party who started this anyhow,
> including the former Labor government of Victoria, who
> floated their then latest SEC Vic power station off
> overseas, all of this conveniently forgotten by the ALP
> front rowers out there.  Short memories this bunch.
>
> It would be a disaster if either NSW, Queensland and or
> Western Australia wind up owning National Rail.!!
>
> ----Terry Burton

Why????????????????

I've got a good memory, it was you liberal front rowers that refused to back
AN back in 1975 because it was a Labor idea.

Had AN been truly a national system the Labor governments might not have
needed to set up NRC.

Had the Liberals adopted the Whitlam's UPT concept back in 1974 we might not
be stuck with some of the problems (like the 4D) we have now???

"Liberal" Party.  In any other field than politics they would be charged
with misrepresentation of a product. They are Conservatives, so why do they
hide behind the name Liberal???

Bob.