Re: National Rail Corp

In article <37D5081D.EA30DCD3@hotkey.net.au> Greg Triplett <triplett@hotkey.net.au> writes:
>From: Greg Triplett <triplett@hotkey.net.au>
>Subject: National Rail Corp
>Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 22:42:05 +1000

>Hi Folks,

>Perhaps someone can advise me.

>A while back I heard that the Federal Gov't was planning to
>sell the NRC. Is this still the case ? If so what is the
>current state of play and who are the bidders ?

>Regards

>Greg Triplett

The sale is still on , delayed up until now by having to get the agreement of
all the shareholders, but I beleive there is still some dispute about who will
be allowed to bid , in that the NSW and Vic Govts dont want other Govt bidders.
I understand that Qrail were going to be a bidder.
Toll Rail is also interested.
The sale is supposed to be completed by the end of this year.

MD