Re: Uncompleted Railways

Frank Jones wrote in message >
>I also have several old road maps that show a line from Hunter (Cohuna
line) to Mitiamo (Swan Hill line). This was never built as far as I know,
but I seem to remember a suspicious looking fence line at Mitiamo, and some
of the roads in the area (e.g. near Milloo) do have unusual kinks in them
for what should be flat country. Was this line proposed or even commenced at
some stage, or has some myth been perpetuated by the cartographers?

If this was a proposed railway I wonder if it was part of a bigger scheme to
say connect Elmore to Colbinabbin and perhaps Murchinson East to Violet Town
to form a cross Victoria link?