Re: Country(link?) - try walking instead

Hi rod....

Rod Gayford wrote in message <381812C4.16D3797D@smartchat.net.au>...
>I am glad your not in charge of public relations you have no idea.

As I said not my area of expertise....

 The non rail
>fan traveling public doesn't give a shit about the the excuses you come up
with
>for Country links appalling service.

So reasonable opeartional reasons become excuses?

Now the airlines know how to look after
>their paying customers and thus are getting the travelers votes, bums on
seats.

I think U are comparing apples and oranges there... the Airlines really dont
provide the sort of service countrylink is expected to provide..

>All Country Link is getting are those too poor or stupid to travel any
other
>way.

And Uthink my PR skills suck ?

Unless they lift their game there will be no increase in full fare paying
>passengers. The fact that there are so many subsidised passengers is
reflected
>in the on train staff's attitude and that will not wash with the full fare
>paying public.

That is the problem.... how do U get more full fare paying passengers, when
U are required to look after evryone, full fare and concession...

 If an effective service was provided with good on board service
>and food then things would be different.

Well Rod, being the expert you are, how would you suggest that these levels
of service be provided..

I will not hold my breath if the
>attitude of Jack reflects that of most train staff.

I speak for myself, and who said I was an onboard services person?

 Get another job.

U offering?

 There are
>vacancies in the prisons dept where you have a fully captive set of clients
that
>cannot complain. Your attitude is almost insane.

Insane eh?  Insane is whining and whinging when *you* dont have the facts
and dont understand what is required to run these services....

I get tired of reading smartarses, complaining about this service being
late, when they dont know the reasons why.... Not often ya see a post saying
"Jeez that was good, ST1 arrived Melbourne on time".... just negative crap
from negative bloody whingers

Cheers
Jack
Queensland: Perfect One day
Beautiful the next
And wet for the other 363 days of the year