Re: Platform 8&9, Flinders Street

Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
7v2v4b$6lq$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7v2v4b$6lq$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...
> Platform 8 & 9 at Flinders Street will be out of use from November 7th
till
> December 12th.  Usual crap, take out ramp, put in lifts etc....

As someone who regularly makes use of ramps and lifts when taking my kid/s
on the train in a pram, may I just express the view that ramps are MUCH more
convenient than lifts to me. With lifts you invariably have to wait, and too
often have to squeeze in with perfectly able-bodied but lazy people. And
ramps don't break down :)

Anybody confined to a wheelchair care to comment on lifts vs ramps?

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au