Re: Country(link?) - try walking instead

Hi Mylorace,

Mylorace wrote in message <19991027191852.10433.00001489@ng-fl1.aol.com>...
>All of this is fairly normal for Country Link

How do U base that..... further on in this post U sayyou kow longer travel
by Countrylink... so what U say is hearsay..

>I am afraid, I have been abused several times
>by railway staff here, (notice I didnt call them workers) for having the
cheek
>to complain about service on XPT's.

They are not workers eh?  U try 10 hours on you feet in a moving train old
mate..  by the way who do U consider workers.... obviously yourself..

>I would love to be able to use the Syd/Macksville service twice a month, 20
>returns P/A with my work, but I will not subject myself to such 3rd class
>service anymore.

With your attitude.... no loss, your seat  will be filled by someone else

>Now I drive or Fly, This is a large loss of revenue for rail, and extra
cost
>for me, but I will not put up with consistantly BAD service.

Again no loss.... your seat is being filled by someone else... "consitantly
BAD service".... You dont really know so again hearsay... U dont use the
service..

>All I ask are fairly simple things,
>1. Close to on time running.

Sure, I would liket that as well, but point the finger where it belongs....
Track work, congestion, No priority in Train pathing, train contollers who
prefer to stand passenger trains with 400 odd people on them for late
running MT freight services, strangely enuff NRC Trains all the time.... all
of these things are out of Countrylink's hands... there is also the problem
of drunk and unruly passengers having to be removed from services, all of
this takes time... Countrylink suffer the occasional mech breakdown, but
then again what service doesnt? With new engines in XPT's early next year
that problem should reduce markedly..

>2.Good food and Drink.

Again point the finger at the private contractor who has the job..

>3.Some degree of comfort.

What would you like Mylo? Instead if whining make a worthwhile suggestion..

>Is this to much to ask?, well for country link, it is , as they still have
no
>Idea about SERVICE.

It seems to mke that U have no idea of the problems associated with
providing a service and show very little understanding of the problems that
arise with providing that service...

As you say you wont travel on Countrylink because of the bad service... Geez
I hope that is a promise..

Cheers
Jack
Queensland: Perfect One day
Beautiful the next
And wet for the other 363 days of the year