Re: [Melb] Broadmeadows re-signalling

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> : All signals are track circuited, except No 19 (Down Home, Upfield Line), there
> : is an illuminated track diagram, and the points are rodded, but "air assisted"
> : because they are very heavy.
>
> What makes the points heavy?  Like the points at Somerton are just down from
> the signal box, but other places have points further away from the signal
> box.

No 12 points (the ones that straddle the SG) are Double ended, with a lot of space
between each end.

No 15 points are heavy, dunno why, I did use them when the compressor had been
borrowed by someone who thought they need it more than the signalman did. They were
quite hard to use.

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.