Re: [Melb] Broadmeadows re-signalling

del@ancc.com.au (David Langley) wrote in <3805E0C6.B9DE191E@ancc.com.au>:

>A few locations had/have it - Traralgon (had), Spencer St No 1 (has),
>St. Albans (has). Somerton now is a had because the points have been
>provided with point machines thus eliminating the mechanical operation
>with air assistance. I do not know whether they are dual control or not.
>Vic normally does not provide dual control on crossovers that straddle
>the sg for safety reasons but the plain bg crossover might have them.

I think Somerton's machines are Dual Control.  Seymour has Dual Control
Point Machines on the Crossover across the SG, the Hand Throw Levers
being secured by a 4D padlock.  There is also a great string of special
instructions for the operation of said machines.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.