Re: [Melb] Broadmeadows re-signalling

: > All signals are track circuited, except No 19 (Down Home, Upfield Line), there
: > is an illuminated track diagram, and the points are rodded, but "air assisted"
: > because they are very heavy.

: Please expand on the details of this air assistance. Where else is it
: provided?

St.Albans is one with air assistance.

Have a look at
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord/trains/signalling/stalbans/

After all the crap about Double Line Block, Traffic Light Co-ordination etc.
there is a little picture of the Air Assistance switch for one of the sets of
the points (23).  I don't know how the air assistance works apart from you
first select normal or reverse, pull (push) the lever, when it is almost there
(ie full normal, or full reverse (1st notch)) then there is a rush of air
and the points go fully over.

If anyone knows anything else, let me know and I will added it to the page.

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord

e-mail: cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au