Re: Friendly warning about Train Net awards

Michael wrote:

> My only problem with using image utils under linux was the lack of
> available typefaces. Do you know of any programs that can perhaps convert
> Windows TTF's or Mac fonts to a X font? (Okay, thing's may have changed,
> it's been well over 12 months since I've even delved into the lovely world
> of X).

Warning: Nerdity approaching, slightly RedHat-esque. Dive, Dive Dive!

Most of that major distributions now use a font server like xfs, which
can render TrueType fonts using the freetype engine. It's simply a
matter of copying the TTF fonts into a new directory under the fonts dir
like so :

/usr/lib/X11/fonts/TTF

and then running the following

ttmkfdir > fonts.dir

and then restarting xfs - it's best to close X before you do this.

--
Robert Kearey           	Remote Access Group
ITS                     	University of Queensland