Friendly warning about Train Net awards

Hi all

I have been sending nominations for my website (www.webalias.com/erknet) to
many sites over the last couple of days just to see what repsonse I would
get. Among the sites included was Train Net. To give a short backgrond, my
site has several sections because (some of) my cyber friends said they
didn't like my first topic. My main sections are

ErkTrans (Australian Transport pics by me)
#1 Down Under South Park (self explanitory for fans)
ErkWeb (my personal section and humour)
Erk Sportsweb (about sport funny enough)

These sections form Erk Net. While my transport section isn't the main focus
of the site (they are all of equal importantance to me) and needs
improvement (whose site doesn't?), I thought I'd share the response with you
as a warning to you if your website is not 100% Trains.

(Direct Quote from email)

Eric,

Sorry, we cannot consider ErkNet for our Web Gem award. It is given only to
sites that are primarily railway oriented - and ErkNet itself doesn't
appear to meet that criteria.

Dick Beebe
IRL Team Chief
TrainNet Forum

(end quote)

Thought you may be interested. While I have your attention (I hope), what do
you think is best photo editor (for thumbnails etc?)

Eric
www.webalias.com/erknet