Re: (VIC) Derailment @ Elders

"Rod" <comtrain@mpx.com.au> wrote:

> What a lot of crap Terry.
> I worked trains into Serviceton, on those occasions when we were waiting for
> wheat, I would hop up on the 930's and chat with the Crows all the time.
> Even arranged for a trip to Adelaide up front to see the "Hills"
> I will admit that Dimboola Crews did not fraternise with the Crows, but that
> was because it was never usual to sit around at Serviceton, we shunted and
> returned back whence we came.

On second thoughts, hate is too strong a word, but then
again Rod, you are a man of strong words as a lot of us
have found out.  :(
No doubt crews from different systems got on with each
other, there was/are exceptions, even blokes working
for the same mob have a "blue" now and again.

> AFULE never stopped the C's from crossing the border, in fact most of us
> were looking forward to driving the 930's our first taste of vintage Alco.
> Got Video of triple belching 930's near Horsham...was very good, but piuty
> they were so "greasy"

With all that smoke and noise I guess they had to be a
little greasy.  They where impressive working hard.

----Terry Burton
Alice Springs NT
<< remove OZ for Email reply.>>