Re: (VIC) Derailment @ Elders

"Rod" <comtrain@mpx.com.au> wrote:

> How many dicks have you got Burton?
> Why not leave them alone for a while, you will go blind , you already have
> gone stupid.
>
> CR, AN etc had a long straight on the flat, and always just hook and pulled.
> Dont take much skill
> to gently, gently start and put your feet up whilst the Engine and track
> does all the work for you.
> NSW boys had to haul heavy loads up twisting heavy grades, sometimes, the
> same train was going up and down all at the same time. NSW crews really were
> train drivers.
> When the Com. boys had their "boring long relaxing" run accross the desert,
> they handed the train to the SAR boys, who worked their Engines and their
> selves to the absolute limits climbing the hills and running a rather
> difficult track.
> They handed them on to the Wolseley crews, and Ararat crews, who also did a
> great job
> up heavy grades and down the other side, every day of the year. When
> Victoria turned full on to Interstate Trains the tonnages went up from 500
> to 600 to average 3000 tonnes, with 3 C's on the front. I know, I was there,
> and took every opportunity to rest in Dimboola, and relieved up there about
> 10 times, running trains to Wolserly regularly.
> Every System has its problems, but AN, CR crews definitely did not need
> skill to do what they did, that was left to the Eastern States........yes I
> know you got a bite, but thats the only win you got!
> Rod рс (grrrr..)

I guess a lot of CR/ANR/AN enginemen who worked their
arses off in some of the worst conditions in Australia
would (grrrr..) when they hear from a Vic railwayman
that, [quote] "AN CR crews definitely did not need
skill to do what they did" [unquote].

Your right, every system does indeed have its problems,
which is why VR and SAR do not exist today.

----Terry Burton
Alice Springs NT
<< remove OZ for Email reply.>>