Re: (VIC) Derailment @ Elders

< > Yeah, bit like when ANR started pushing *real* trains
> over the border to the Vics way back in the early
> seventies (W.A.Webb would have been pleased), they
> could not handle them, because the Victorian system was
> designed and maintained on the best 19th century
> British passenger rail systems.

How many dicks have you got Burton?
Why not leave them alone for a while, you will go blind , you already have
gone stupid.

CR, AN etc had a long straight on the flat, and always just hook and pulled.
Dont take much skill
to gently, gently start and put your feet up whilst the Engine and track
does all the work for you.
NSW boys had to haul heavy loads up twisting heavy grades, sometimes, the
same train was going up and down all at the same time. NSW crews really were
train drivers.
When the Com. boys had their "boring long relaxing" run accross the desert,
they handed the train to the SAR boys, who worked their Engines and their
selves to the absolute limits climbing the hills and running a rather
difficult track.
They handed them on to the Wolseley crews, and Ararat crews, who also did a
great job
up heavy grades and down the other side, every day of the year. When
Victoria turned full on to Interstate Trains the tonnages went up from 500
to 600 to average 3000 tonnes, with 3 C's on the front. I know, I was there,
and took every opportunity to rest in Dimboola, and relieved up there about
10 times, running trains to Wolserly regularly.
Every System has its problems, but AN, CR crews definitely did not need
skill to do what they did, that was left to the Eastern States........yes I
know you got a bite, but thats the only win you got!
Rod рс (grrrr..)