Re: (VIC) Derailment @ Elders

SNIPPED>
> > The real problem was/is this, nobody likes change too
> > much, the ex SAR employees hated ANR,
>
> >Vicrail employees hated ANR, the strikes, stopwork meetings, bans and
> > limitations were legendary.  But in the end they all lost, the only
winner
> was >road transport.

What a lot of crap Terry.
I worked trains into Serviceton, on those occasions when we were waiting for
wheat, I would hop up on the 930's and chat with the Crows all the time.
Even arranged for a trip to Adelaide up front to see the "Hills"
I will admit that Dimboola Crews did not fraternise with the Crows, but that
was because it was never usual to sit around at Serviceton, we shunted and
returned back whence we came.

AFULE never stopped the C's from crossing the border, in fact most of us
were looking forward to driving the 930's our first taste of vintage Alco.
Got Video of triple belching 930's near Horsham...was very good, but piuty
they were so "greasy"

Rod рс  [grrr....]