Re: Head on in the Western district

Exnarc wrote:

> Craig I couldn't agree more, I've complained about this practice ever since
> AN took over the running of the Overland, its nothing short of dangerous, in
> an effort to prevent some idiot opening a door and falling out, locking the
> doors puts the whole train at risk.
>
> Bob.
>
> Craig Haber <albatross@harnessnet.com.au> wrote in message
> 38426EC0.9444387C@harnessnet.com.au">news:38426EC0.9444387C@harnessnet.com.au...
> > Hi,
> >
> > John Kerley wrote:
> >
> > > Just imagine the consequences if it had been "The Overland" on the up.
> >
> > The consequences of which may have been compounded by GSR's (and the
> former AN)
> > policy of locking pass train doors - something I am totally opposed to.
> In
> > event of accident, how do the passengers get out?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Craig.
And what would you have to say if you were on that train with family and
you child managed to open a door and fall out???  You'd be bloody hoping
mad that the doors were able to opened by a child in the first place!
You really have to weigh up the likely hood of someone inadvertently
opening an outside door as they fumbled half asleep going to the toilet
against the likely hood of some sort of crash.  Now you tell me which
has the higher likely hood of happening?
Reece.