Re: [VIC] headboards, nameplates and non authentic liveries. (was: [VIC] Steamrail headboard)

Exnarc wrote:

> Good point Stuart,
>
> I agree that at photo stops for paying passengers that would be a fair
> thing, however most of the complaints you hear are from non paying
> photographers who either chase the train by gas gobbler or situate
> themselves trackside. I've got no problem with people taking trackside
> photos (I've done it myself) but the essence of the Headboard is Advertising
> for Steamrail. So if they removed the boards at photo stops the people who
> subsidise these trips could get their monies worth, whilst those who don't,
> will have to put up with the Advertising.

If steamrail removed the headboard at photostops then it might encourage some
people who always chase trains to actually book on them for a change. I hate
people who never go on the tours. I think people should repay steamrail for
running steam trains by booking on at least one a year. I chase trains, but I
also go on them regularly.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: