Re: multi-glazed windows on Tangaras and other trains.

Speaking of making the air-conditioning more efficient.  I was in Hornsby
Sheds a couple of afternoons ago (perhaps Monday when it was really hot?)
and an air-conditioning inspector was checking the performance of the
air-conditioning on the train.  He had a laptop with some leads attached to
the unit and it did some testing and off he went.  He worked his way to the
back of the train and I asked him to fix the air-conditioning in my cab
because it was obviously defective (I was a sweating mess and there was no
circulating air to be found anywhere).  He plugged in his computer outside
my door and then professed that there was in fact no problem with the
air-conditioning and that it was working fine.  I just rolled my eyes and he
left.  I find it interesting to note also, that on that run I did (a Hornsby
circle) I had a lady come and complain about the heat in the carriage.

Regards

Jane

p.s. perhaps he's not "qualified" to fix it, just diagnose?
810nfd$nhj$1@lios.apana.org.au">news:810nfd$nhj$1@lios.apana.org.au...

http://lios.apana.org.au/~craigd