Tangaras

Could someone please tell me why there are so few Tangaras on the sydney
main Northern line? There was a time a few years ago when about 70% or more
of trains on all lines were Tangaras. Is it possible that some of these
trains are being restored and held so that when the olympics start, city
rail can bring out their best trains?

Also I have made an observation about the Sydney Intercity fleet. Back in
the 80s and early 90s all Intercity trains with red fronts had the first
carriage as an orange seater (and usually the rest of the train). The ones
with the blue front were always green seaters. Now I see trains with red
fronts with green seats. And the green seaters are much more common.

Does anyone know which are the newer trains, the green or the orange
seaters? I always assumed it was the orange because the trains with the
automatic vestibule doors always had orange seats, but now they are green.
Are carriages being restored with green seats?

Regards,

Joel Cooper
agnsw@ozemail.com.au