Re: Tangaras are crap

Well I've only seen artists impressions  - but I think they've got two
things right for a start (reversible seating and smaller windows).
The seating was a complete disaster in the Tangaras ;  non-reversible
seating when 99% of people wish to travel in the forward direction.
And they are SO uncomfortable  - who were they designing them for  ?
- the vandals who attack them 1% of the time or the commuters who sit
on them 99% of the time.

Also - I could never understand having these huge windows on the
Tangaras given that temps can reach +40 degrees in the outer suburbs
during summer. No wonder the A/C struggles to have any effect -
especially if you're trapped in a peak hour vestibule area.

These faults were probably understandable given that my understanding
was that the Tangara design and development was extremely rushed (as
determined by the political agenda of the dying Unsworth Labor
Government). Given that no state elections are on the agenda, one
hopes that the appropriate time will be taken to get things right with
the new trains.