Re: Tangaras are crap

Ok I agree with you all. I was just interested as to why there were less
Tangaras in circulation than there used to be. And there definately is less,
because there was a time when nearly every train you caught was a Tangara. I
was wondering if it was because they were breaking down etc. I wasn't happy
or unhappy with the fact. About 80% of my train travel is on V sets anyway.

However, even though the older suburban trains are cleaner and some train
drivers consider the V sets the be "the only real trains", I do think that
from the outside, they look impressive. At least when I saw my first in
1989. I thought "wow they look really aero dynamic. They must go faster or
something". Boy was I wrong. I even heard stories that they were built for
Japanese tracks and that is why they made such a horrible noise. Also
remember how loud the breaks used to be? Much worse than today!

I wonder what the new train to replace the Tangara is going to be like?

Regards,

Joel