Re: Construction Contracts for trains/trams

Dave Proctor wrote:

> Daniel Bowen <dbowen@#DELETE#custard.net.au> wrote in message
> G7GW3.661$MZ.6637@ozemail.com.au">news:G7GW3.661$MZ.6637@ozemail.com.au...
> >
> > Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in message
> > 809ftg$fuq$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:809ftg$fuq$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> > > James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> > > 382636F6.EE4A7E81@ozemail.com.au">news:382636F6.EE4A7E81@ozemail.com.au...
> > opinion
> > > they have some of the ugliest
> > >
> > > Absolutely - anyone seen a pic of Gatwick Express? Looks like bloody
> Darth
> > > Vader!
> >
> > Do you mean Heathrow Express? http://www.heathrowexpress.co.uk/
>
> No - Gatwick Express.
>
> > The Gatwick Express is made up of much older rolling stock, and seems to a
> > mish-mash of colour schemes, probably still awaiting painting following
> > privatisation.
>
> Gatwick Express was one of the first to be privatised, all those years ago.
> They are in the process of getting new rolling stock delivered now, quite
> possibly already in service, and they are truely awful. Cannot find an

Still being delivered - I spotted one on the Horsham-Dorking line a
couple
of days ago - bloody pain in the arse - it appears that the line is
cleared
for the test run meaning that the level crossing at Warnham gets shut
for about 10 minutes before the bugger passes through at a rate of
knots.
- The line is semaphore equipped on that stretch...

/john

--
All views expressed are mine, not my employers.
Replies to the newsgroup please, setting follow-ups if reqd.

Change the .l to l for email