Re: Construction Contracts for trains/trams

Daniel Bowen <dbowen@#DELETE#custard.net.au> wrote in message
G7GW3.661$MZ.6637@ozemail.com.au">news:G7GW3.661$MZ.6637@ozemail.com.au...

> Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in message
> 809ftg$fuq$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:809ftg$fuq$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> > James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> > 382636F6.EE4A7E81@ozemail.com.au">news:382636F6.EE4A7E81@ozemail.com.au...
> > > I hope they don't get "off the shelf" designs from the UK as in my
> opinion
> > they have some of the ugliest
> > > trains in the world.
> >
> > Absolutely - anyone seen a pic of Gatwick Express? Looks like bloody
Darth
> > Vader!
>
> Do you mean Heathrow Express? http://www.heathrowexpress.co.uk/

No - Gatwick Express.

> The Gatwick Express is made up of much older rolling stock, and seems to a
> mish-mash of colour schemes, probably still awaiting painting following
> privatisation.

Gatwick Express was one of the first to be privatised, all those years ago.
They are in the process of getting new rolling stock delivered now, quite
possibly already in service, and they are truely awful. Cannot find an
online pic, so I have cross-posted this into uk.railway so that someone in
there might be able to point us towards one.

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au