Re: Construction Contracts for trains/trams

David Bromage wrote:

> The shape of the nose is not overly relevant to vehicle design. The only
> overriding factor is if you want to be able to walk through to a coupled
> set. It's the performance and seat design/layout which are critical.

    I agree that these are more critical than the look of the thing but whats wrong with making it look good
as well? There is really no excuse for making a train (or loco) look ugly. Most people like the old GM cab
units like the S or B because they look good not just because of their performance. Would there be as many
fans of these locos if they looked like some of the British junk?

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au