Re: Tangaras

I don't think the Illawarra line ever had rattlers (since 1979 anyway
- with the opening of the Eastern Suburbs Railway and the segregation
of Illawarra line services). This was probably due to the very heavy
loads experienced on this line. Although having experienced the crush
that occurs at stations like Town Hall etc. during peak times on the
Illawarra line I can't help wonder whether single deckers (with more
doors than the rattlers ever had) would improve operations in these
areas of the network (faster loading and unloading etc.)