Re: Tangaras

Dave Proctor wrote:

> Joel Cooper <joel@abilitycorp.com.au> wrote in message
> B44D9B61.528%joel@abilitycorp.com.au">news:B44D9B61.528%joel@abilitycorp.com.au...
>
> > I remember that the Bankstown (and possibly the Campbelltown lines) line
> > never had K and C sets either, yet the northern/western lines had heaps.
> Is
> > there a reason why some lines have certain types of trains and these
> trains
> > aren't evenly dispersed around the different lines? I also seem to
> remember
> > that the Sutherland (Illawarra) line rarely if ever had the old Red
> > Rattlers.
>
> Probably to do with maintenance. If they centralise all cars of a type at
> the one depot, it centralises the need for parts and specific expertise
> required for maintenance.
>
> --
> DaveProctor
> thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au

Bingo!
Maintenance is the correct answer.

At one stage Sector 2 had K sets however politics came in and they were
moved to sector 3 for political gain.
C sets were also moved to sector 3 but were returned to sector 2 because
they were unreliable and were similar to the V sets. Some C sets still
get used on sector 3.

rgds