Re: Tangaras

> Might also have somthing to do with the fact that all the K and C
> sets (either forced air ir air conditioned) never see services on the
> Illawarra. All Illawarra trains are R/S/L stock or Tangara's.
> Admittingly Mortdale does have slightly more Tangara's than Hornsby
> (Flemmington has none) but Hornsby would appear to cover much more
> track.

I remember that the Bankstown (and possibly the Campbelltown lines) line
never had K and C sets either, yet the northern/western lines had heaps. Is
there a reason why some lines have certain types of trains and these trains
aren't evenly dispersed around the different lines? I also seem to remember
that the Sutherland (Illawarra) line rarely if ever had the old Red
Rattlers.

Joel Cooper

P.S. I have now noticed K and C sets on the Bankstown line.