Re: Freight Victoria..POWER??

As ELs  are taken I was curious at to their state as you rightly point out would make excellent refurbishing material.
Someone once intimated to me that the C's were part of some power loanage to NR and should have returned to Victoria as the
NR1's came on line....any truth to this....or are they indeed property of NRC.

Ls would probably make an iteresting choice...sufficient of them to create a "standard" loco.
With the "standardising " of freight tracks...which Victoria ones  WONT get the make over and remain Irish!!

cheers >:~)) Richard