Re: Guards to Drive During Olympics?

'Twas a dark and stormy night on 6 Nov 1999 09:17:04 +1100 as
craigd@lios.apana.org.au (C. Dewick) took time out from the neverending quest to
rid the world of grues and wrote:

> As for mileage, we can run up to 209 km's per shift before an allowance
> becomes payable for excess km's. About 10 percent of all suburban ETR
> diagrams have us running marginally over 209 km's per shift, but generally
> nothing more than 215.

209 km doesn't seem a great amount, especially if you compare it to a cab driver
who would often do 4-500 km in a (12 hour) shift.  On an average shift, how many
return runs would a train driver do?

Catchya

   http://www.ozemail.com.au/~kingpin1