Re: Melbourne Double deckers NEW APPROACH

I have been on many a peak hour train eminating on the Frankston line..they are a third full to begin with .they are
full by Mentone, very full at Cheltenham, sure they run express -well they dont stop at the stations :-) to SthYarra
where the first example of the morning pasenger tango takes place, then Richmond where the pas de deux
transpires...these trains are at capacity...I beg to differ...please dont confuse a system at capacity with a train at
capacity.It is this "confusion" and viewpoints that have the Met at relative standstill at the very times it needs to be
moving at its greatest eficiency.  This is why the system is wrong. You need not to look at a customer service from an
engineering level...that just how you make a plan work, to design the plan look at what the system needs to do then
accomodate it...not the other way around. Thats why Melbourne has been short changed for decades and has been running at
"under capacity"...square peg round hole thinking.
For those that think sardining in a tin can on wheels is satisfactory , I differ..I expect service comfort, safety and
value. We are entering the 21st century  (in alittle over 400 days) lets try giving Melbourne the type of system it
requires and desrves, not some outdated viewpoint .

Instead of fudging something that is obviously cronically ill, let us not for a moment maybe contemplate the Perth
experience of coming at it anew. Melbourne is not Perth, there are transferable applications and there are some unique
problems and requirements.
Hopefully the newcomers have a better apreciation that if it werent for commuters they would have no reason for
being...this very basic precept seems to have fallen by the wayside some years back...because it interefered with
beureacracy and the system. The government was right to give up control of this system ..it obviously had lost touch and
had no real idea as to its purpose.
The problem I often se is that management will view a SYSTEM and ignore its components....sure the human body can
survive and operate with limbs damaged , even missing and riddled with disease, it is still capable...but it is
CROOK..withpeople we try to cure..sometimes with sytems you garbage them and get a better one.
The Telcos realise they will sink or swim by performance...not for them , but for the customer. I ask you do the Trains
and Trams really take that viewpoint.??
NO

cheers >:~)) Richard