Re: Country(link?) - try walking instead

Hi Dave

Dave Proctor wrote in message <7vmfbn$h7p$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
>Jack <bd107@tsn.cc> wrote in message
>KWyT3.108$Ms4.4858@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:KWyT3.108$Ms4.4858@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...
>
>> Just how long a shift would you have these pple working?  Working MT sets
>> Meeks Road? U are aware that Countrylink doesnt want PSS's on MT car
>working
>> let alone Seniors?
>
>They are prepared to work a Dubbo return - 0645 sign on, 2107 sign off - 14
>hours 20 mins total, serving three meals. Surely a Grafton to Meeks Road
>would not be too onerous.

Maybe for someone from the sidelines....

>> The Dubbo is already nearly 15 hours, the 3 off the North are about 10.5
>> hours and the Melbournes are 12 hours
>
>almost 11 hours, which with the sign on and sign off times, makes for a
>shift of 11 hours 6 mins (according to a PSS friend).

Yep U will find that the seniors sign on a bit earlier than the other
PA's.... and as earlier uninformed  posters in this thread have said, the
services run constantly late.... so it would make for a pretty big day :)

>>... pretty fair shifts, considering
>> that with the north and south, they left Sydney the day before...
>
>> I dont know why the crews shut the Buffets on NT3 and NT1... doesnt make
>> lot of sense...where there is a crew change involved a reconciliation and
>> stocktake is very necessary,
>
>No argument there. That is why I only mentioned NT1/2 and NT3/4, rather
than
>ST1/4 and ST3/2.

I dont have a particular flag to carry for onboard services staff, but they
do put in long enuff hours now as it is, and as I said in an earlier post
true DOO operation of MT car sets will come into effect with the next
Countrylink EBA agreement... they tried it on with the last driver EBA but
the drivers rejected it on the basis that it was not their working so
management should take that issue up with the PSS's.... and they will..

Cheers
Jack
Queensland: Perfect One day
Beautiful the next
And wet for the other 363 days of the year