Re: Is there a speed limit through trailable points?

>>So, a question for any VLP/FV drivers: is there a speed limit for
>>trains to pass through a loop with trailable points (ie Warrenheip,
>>Sulky, Tourello, Talbot, etc.)?  I suppose you can't really barrel
>>through a trailable loop at line speed, can you?
>
>Normally the speeds are:-
>Over Facing Trailable points = on straight track 80; on diverging
>track 40 km/h.
>Over Trailing Trailable points = on diverging track 40; on straight
>track 65 until locomotive clears points then 80 km/h.
>
>At Warrenheip:-
>Over Facing Trailable Points = 40 km/h.
>Over Trailing Trailable Points = 40 until locomotive clears points
>then 115 km/h.

Which begs the question: what is different about the points at
Warrenheip?

JD

John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html