Is there a speed limit through trailable points?

Yesterday, I was chasing R711 from Geelong to Ballarat and not faring
very well north of Lal Lal due to a burst of speed by R711 (this is
going to be one hairy beast to chase when it's in service <g!>).

However, I beat it to Warrenheip bridge by 2 minutes having been
beside it at Navigators (I didn't expect to see it before Ballarat).

So, a question for any VLP/FV drivers: is there a speed limit for
trains to pass through a loop with trailable points (ie Warrenheip,
Sulky, Tourello, Talbot, etc.)?  I suppose you can't really barrel
through a trailable loop at line speed, can you?

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos